How to Apply
Selecting a course of study at a university is a major decision. We advise applicants to read the university prospectus and access the information via our website before making the final decision. Applications to our Diploma or Bachelor's degree programmes can be made through the University Center Unit/ Unit Pusat Universiti (UPU) or online via the Student Intake Administration Division, Ministry of Higher Education. Applying online means that you only have to submit one application form and UPU will send your application to your choice of universities. Applicants are expected to meet all the entry requirements.
Diploma Programmes - Pass in SPM with at least 5 credits in Bahasa Malaysia, Mathematics and 3 other stipulated subjects. Applicants must have at least a pass in English.
Bachelor's Degree Programmes - Pass in STPM with at least a grade C in 3 subjects or Diploma in the relevant field with a minimum CGPA of 2.0 or Matriculation.
For further information regarding students intake and admission to UiTM, kindly contact:
Bahagian Pengambilan Pelajar
Bangunan UiTM International Centre (UIC)
40450 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Official website: http://pengambilan.uitm.edu.my/
PART-TIME STUDY – Online Distance Learning Educational Programmes (e-PJJ/PLK)
Institute of Neo Education (iNED) UiTM offers academic programmes at Diploma and Bachelor Degree levels for potential candidates via part-time/off-campus (PLK*) and online distance learning (e-PJJ*) mode of study. One of the objectives is to provide life-long educational opportunities for Malaysian working adults for academic improvement and career enhancement.
Why e-PJJ & PLK?
- The modes offered are suitable for Malaysian Bumiputera adults who are currently working
- The tuition fees are cheaper compared to other Malaysian public /private universities
- Teaching and learning are carried out virtually:
- Using Broadband
- Being constantly updated with the latest information on academic programmes and courses offered
- Receiving important announcements from the Chief School (PAC) / programme coordinators
- Holding discussions with lecturers and fellow classmates from the same academic programmes
- Exchanging ideas and having academic debates on relevant and current issues
- Questions, information & feedback are being relayed between students and lecturers on real-time basis
- Having access to and being able to read, print and download updated lecture notes from time to time
- Reliable academic notes and references
- Quality training
- Learning aids from various sources
- A variety of learning methods (virtual classes/seminars/self-learning/online forums via i-Class learning system platform)
- Seminars are held five (5) times per semester (Sunday) from 8.30 am - 6.15 pm
- All applicants must be a Bumiputera
- A minimum of 3 credits in SPM (or equivalent) - for Diploma application
- For candidates with STPM or Diploma qualification (or equivalent), they must pass Malaysian University English (MUET) exam – for Bachelors Degree applications
- For candidates who do not meet the minimum academic qualifications, relevant working experience will be considered for entrance requirement
e-PJJ – elektronik Pendidikan Jarak Jauh (Distance Learning via Electronic)
PLK – Pengajian Luar Kampus (Out-of Campus Learning)